It may not be much difficult to cast the videos and other movies on your computer to your TV. Moreover, if you are on Windows 10, it would be even more easy to achieve the task. How to Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer? If that is what you are trying to find out, this post should provide you the tips for achieving the same.
How to Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer
Windows 10 makes it much easy to cast the videos from your computer to your TV. The procedure involves a few easy steps. Check out the steps involved in casting your videos on the computer onto your TV. Chromecast is the best way you can use for the purpose.
The steps here below should help you out in the task.
You need to fulfill the following requirements to be able to setup Chromecast on your Windows computer –
- Google Chromecast Device, obviously.
- A PC running on
- Google Chrome installed on your computer.
Once you are sure that you do have met the requirements, follow the steps here below to set up Chromecast device to your computer.
Connect Your Chromecast To Your TV
- Plug in the HDMI end of your Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Now, connect the USB end to the USB adapter.
- Change the Source input on your TV to the proper HDMI source.How would you do it will be dependent upon your TV model and settings therein.
Connect Chromecast To Your PC
Once you have successfully connected your Chromecast device to your TV, half of your work is done. Now, we will connect and setup Chromecast on your PC running Windows 10. Follow the steps here below to accomplish it –
- Ensure that you have installed Google Chrome browser on your computer. If you do not have Chrome installed, you can visit Chrome Browser to download the Chrome browser.
- Launch Chrome on your computer and visit the Chromecast Setup
- Click on the Setup Your Chromecast using the link meant for the purpose. Check the image below to find out how to go about it.
- Next screen will ask you to agree to Terms and conditions and Privacy Terms. Click on Accept to agree.
- As soon as you accept the terms, your computer should start searching for the Chromecast devices nearby. Please note that your Chromecast device and the computer should be connected to the same WiFi network.
If you find that your computer is not able to detect your Chromecast, you may need to switch the WiFi network from 2.4 GHz to 5.0 GHz. Check if it connects.
Also See: 10 Best Karaoke Software For Windows
You have successfully connected your Chromecast device to your computer. Next in the line is casting the videos from your computer to your TV using Chromecast.
Setup Your Chromecast Device
Now that you have successfully connected your Chromecast device to your computer, it is now time to set it up for casting your videos onto your TV.
- Click on Set Me Up.
- Click on WiFi icon on your computer’s action center.
- Now, click on the WiFi icon of the Chromecast device that should be available here. Please note that the WiFi network of Chromecast would be open and as such will not need any password to connect.
- After connecting to the open WiFi network on your Chromecast, click
- You should now see a code appearing in the bottom corner of your TV.
- If the code matches with that on your TV screen, click
- You will need to provide a name for the Chromecast device you have connected to your computer and TV.
- Create any name you would wish to and then click on Looks Good.
- In the next step, confirm your WiFi settings. You will need to provide the WiFi password and click
- Once you have set up everything right, your Chromecast should display Ready To Cast on its screen.
Cast Your Video or Movies To TV
This is the last step involved in casting your Movies and Videos from your computer to your TV. Here are the steps involved in casting the videos onto your TV.
- Launch Chrome browser on your Windows 10 device.
- Choose the video you would want to cast on your TV. A few examples would be YouTube, Netflix or any other website that is compatible with your Chrome browser.
- The video will begin playing on your computer. As soon as it begins playing, click on Cast Icon on the top right corner of your browser.
- That should do it. The video that you are playing on your computer should now be available on your TV.
Wasn’t that the easiest tutorial you found about setting up Chromecast on Windows 10 computer?
Conclusion for How to Setup Chromecast on Windows
That would conclude our tutorial on how to setup Chromecast on Windows 10 computer. We are sure you would have found it easy to follow the tutorial. If you any queries with respect to the stps involved in this tutorial, do share your queries here. We would definitely address them.