How do you run Windows programs on Mac? This is one of the questions my readers have been making since the start of this year. If you are one of them, look no further. I am providing the best answer you can get from a tech expert. Read on to learn more.
Why run both Windows and Mac on the same computer?
Many people want to run both Windows and Mac on the same computer for different reasons. For instance, having both Windows and Mac in a single computer will help you manage your data and personal information without needing an extra computer. Another reason people want to run two operating systems on one computer is that some computer programs and software work better in one OS than others. For example, Final Cut Pro a very popular user-friendly video editing program is only compatible with MacOS.
Running Windows Programs In My Mac-Which is the way out?
Some experts have come up with different methods of running Windows Programs on Mac. The most effective and safe way I used is through a software program known as Parallels Desktop. I have included all the information about this unique software below.
What is Parallels Desktop?
Parallels Desktop is a software program that provides hardware virtualization for Mac computers with Intel processors. The program allows you to run Microsoft Windows and other operating systems on a computer running on Mac operating system.
What Parallels Desktop does
- The program helps you Window operating system on your Mac computer without rebooting.
- The program easily installs a new Windows OS on your Mac computer.
- Allows you to use Windows applications on Mac computers as if they are compatible with the OS.
- The program also offers up to 500 GB of online backup storage free of charge for one year.
- Comes with a wide range of smart tools to help you accomplish your everyday tasks.
- Compared to other ways of running Windows OS on Mac computers, Parallels Desktop is fast and reliable. There is no complex setup process or confusing settings to worry you.
- Another benefit of using Parallels Desktop is that it brings intuitive features of Mac OS to Windows operating systems.
- It also leverages the best features of Windows operating system on your Mac computer.
- It safely and effectively integrates the guest operating system into Mac OS X computers allowing it to mimic the performance of the native operating system.
- Besides Windows 7, 8 and 10, you can also run other OS including Google ChromeTM and Linux.
- The program also offers robust performance as it gives your virtual machines more processing power.
There are three editions of Parallels Desktop you can consider purchasing for your needs. They include:
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Edition from $69.99/year.
Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition from $99.99/year
Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition from $99.99/year.
You can also take advantage of various discount coupons which reduce the total cost of obtaining the program.
Parallels Desktop Coupons
The company is giving discount coupons for its customers, which give an average of 15% discount. You can search online for parallels coupons or parallels desktop promo codes and you will find various deals for each of the products. Recent discount codes are BTEPAHA24, VIP30, 2Q5-X5X-HZH, lockergnome.