Connecting the Xbox One controller on the X series is very easy. We are going to make it even easier for you in this blog. Here, we will discuss two different methods of connecting your old controller with the new X series of Xbox. Both of these methods are very simple to employ.
Xbox One Controller Can Still be Connected with the X Series?
Yes, the old controller can be used with the new X series. But how actually? It’s all about two factors.
The first one is that Microsoft always tries to stay connected with the older versions. That is because the company wants to give the user a convenient experience. People can use the accessories of older versions of Xbox with newer ones without facing any type of difficulty.
The second factor is the technical specifications. The new X series controller is pretty much the same as the older one technologically. Just a little upgraded, however. That’s why you won’t face any problem using it in the newer version of Xbox.
How to Connect Xbox One Controller with the X Series?
You can easily connect the Xbox One controller with the new Xbox series by employing 2 simple methods. Both of these methods are straightforward.
Method 1 – Connecting the Controller Wirelessly:
Since the Xbox One controller has the ability to connect with the Xbox wirelessly, you can use this feature to connect with the X series too. Here’s how to do it.
- First of all, you have to make sure that the batteries in the xbox controller are fully charged. To ensure that you don’t face any inconvenience in this regard, you can buy and insert new batteries in the controller.
- Once you have made sure that the controller contains fresh batteries, you can start pairing it with the Xbox X series. In order to do so, press the button located on the top of the controller. Pressing and holding it for a few seconds will turn on a beeping light. This will indicate that the controller is ready to be paired.
- Once done, you have to do the same with the Xbox. You can find the pairing button on the front of the Xbox above the USB port. You are going to have to press and hold this button for a few seconds. The light on the Xbox will also start beeping.
Now, your controller and Xbox are ready to be paired with each other. Once they are paired, the light on the controller will stop beeping and start shining steadily. This will indicate that the connection has been successful.
Now, let’s discuss the second method of connecting the controller with the X series.
Method 2 – Connecting the Controller Physically with a Wire:
It is also possible to connect the controller to the X series with a USB wire.
Here’s how it can be done:
- Grab the cable and plug it in on your controller. The port that you need to plug in can be found at the back of the controller.
- Once you have done this, go to the Xbox and do the same thing. Connect the other end of the USB cable with your X series.
That’s all you need to do in order to connect your Xbox One series controller with the X series with the help of a physical wire. The devices will connect with each other automatically.
The wire you would need here is a USB-to-USB-C. Just make sure to use a high-quality connection wire while employing this method. That is because a low-quality wire may interrupt the connection. This will lead to a bad gaming experience.
Things to do If the Xbox One Controller Does Not Connect with the X Series:
If you are unable to connect your Xbox One controller with the X series even after using the above-discussed methods, try out doing these things:
- Retry pressing the buttons both on the controller and the Xbox. That is because you may have pressed the wrong buttons in the procedure.
- The batteries of the controller may have died. Try renewing them.
- Make sure there are no other wireless devices near your Xbox. That is because this can interrupt the signals between Xbox and the controller
- Try changing the wire and the controller.
If you still cannot make a successful question, seek guidance from Microsoft’s customer support team to learn how to connect Xbox One controller to the X series. They will guide you in a more professional way.
One of the best things about Xbox is its compatibility. This includes being able to connect the Xbox One controller with the X series. This indicates the compatibility facility Microsoft provides to its users. For people who want to know how to connect Xbox One controller with their upgraded X series, we have provided a complete two-method guide in the information given above.