Facebook is the most popular social media network site. The site initially had the messaging function that was integrated into the Facebook app. However, after the recent updates, Messenger is now not part of the main Facebook app. The chat feature of the Facebook has now been named as Messenger app. But the Messenger app does not have any option for Logging out of the service. As is common with the Facebook app, the Messenger app too does not have a Log Out option. How to log out of Facebook Messenger iPhone app? Let us find the options in this post.
Learn How To Logout From Facebook Messenger iPhone App Now
The Messenger app from Facebook is a great chat app and has been one of the popular tools for the communication between professional as well. It would be apt to note that the chat feature formed an integral part of the official Facebook app in the past. However, with the popularity of the service, Facebook did away with the feature on its app and introduced the standalone Messenger app both for iPhone and Android.
However, for the reasons best known to Facebook, they have left out the option to log out of the Facebook Messenger app. It would be incidental to remember that even the Facebook app does not come with a logout option.
Must Read: How to Download Facebook Videos
However, there isn’t any need to worry. There are three options that would help you log out of your Facebook Messenger app. We will explain the steps involved in the procedure here one by one. In fact, it should be a wiser decision to log out of your active sessions so that no one will have access to your profile even accidentally.
Using Facebook Messenger App
Well, one of the methods that would help you log out of the Facebook Messenger app is to through the Messenger app itself. Here are the steps involved in logging out of the Facebook Messenger app.
- Launch Facebook Messenger.
- Tap on the Settings.
- Tap on Terms of Service.
- Scroll down and check the words that read Data Use Policy.
- Tap on the menu on the top left, tap on More Resources and then on Developer Payment terms.
- Zoom in till you find you find your profile image on top right corner.
- Tap on the picture and check drop down menu.
- You should now find the Log Out option.
- Tap on it and you will find yourself logged out of Facebook Messenger.
This option for logging out of the Facebook Messenger is the best as it is one of the methods indicated by Facebook on its official support pages.
Also Read: How to get many likes on Facebook
Using iPhone Settings
This method can be used not only for the Facebook Messenger but also for any other app that you want to log out from. Follow these steps carefully.
- Launch your Account Settings
- Go to Login and Security.
- Check the section that reads Where you are logged in.
- You should be able to find all the services and apps that you are logged into.
- Locate Facebook Messenger under the different accounts you have signed into.
- Tap on the vertical dots beside it.
- Choose the Log Out from here.
This method should easily log you out of the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone. In fact, this method should work on all your apps and services that you are signed into.
Also See: How To Disable SEEN on Facebook
Using Facebook App on your iPhone
This method can be used to log out of the Facebook Messenger from Facebook app. Follow the steps here below for the purpose.
- Launch your Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Menu button at bottom right corner.
- Now, tap on Settings.
- Tap on Security and then on Active Sessions.
- Find the entries that read as below –
- Facebook for iPhone
- Facebook Messenger for iO XXX where XXX refers to the iOS version that your iPhone runs on.
- Tap on the cross mark for these two sessions.
That should do it. You will be now logged out of the Facebook Messenger. In fact, this method logs you out of all active sessions of Facebook and thereby Facebook Messenger.
Must Read: How to Remove Last Name from Facebook
Final Thoughts on How to Logout from Facebook Messenger iPhone App
Those should be the complete steps involved in logging out of the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone. We do think that all the three methods indicated here should work efficiently. However, we would advise you to try the first method to log out of Facebook Messenger on iPhone app. That is precisely because it is the method Facebook officially recommends.
Now that you are aware of the methods that you can use to log out of the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone, the primary question remains. What do you think about Facebook’s decision to force its users to download the Messenger app separately and then not providing the Log out option? Share your opinion about this somewhat strange decision by Facebook.