TikTok is a social media platform that probably doesn’t even need an introduction. Everyone from social content creators to marketers are utilizing its service to generate content. At the same time, it has become a social hub for promotion. Hence some of you might share a post for promotion, wondering how to delete the repost on TikTok to get it off your timeline.
TikTok has released one of the most highly anticipated ‘Repost’ features that works similarly to the Retweet button on Twitter. When you press the Repost button on a TikTok post, then such content will be shared on your timeline. But if you don’t know how to delete or repost on TikTok, we got you covered.
In this article, we will explain several step-by-step methods on how to delete Repost on TikTok. We will also discuss some prominent reasons to state why people repost on TikTok and what’s the benefit to it. And just to give you some insights, we will also explain the Repost feature so you can use it wisely.
What are the Repost Features on TikTok?
The TikTok Repost feature never existed till 2022, when a new update for the application rolled out, allowing users to share each other’s content on their timelines.
The Repost button was added with each TikTok video which made it only a minute or seconds to share someone’s content. This feature was really missing out previously on this social platform, and now the marketers are taking advantage of it.
For those who still haven’t understood the Repost feature, take it as an example of the Retweet button on Twitter. You simply press the retweet button on a post, and it’s shared on your profile. Similarly, when you press the Repost button, that particular content is shared on your TikTok profile.
How to Delete Repost on TikTok?
The Repost button on TikTok makes it very convenient to simply share or remove any post from your timeline. Here we have mentioned the steps on how to delete repost on TikTok with a simple process.
- Open the TikTok application on your phone and go to your profile.
- Tap to open the TikTok you want to delete from your Repost.
- Tap the Share Button and select the ‘Remove Repost’ option.
4. Tap to select ‘Remove’ from the pop-up notification, and that TikTok post will no appear on your profile.
And it was that easy. You can repeat the steps mentioned above on each TikTok repost you want to delete. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to delete all reposts at the same time, so you’ll have to implement the process manually for each post.
How to Find the Reposts on TikTok?
If you are not able to find the content that you have reposted on TikTok, then don’t worry. Just follow these steps, and it will take you to all the reposted content that you have ever shared on TikTok from someone else’s profile.
- Open the TikTok application and tap on the profile icon from the lower panel of the app.
- In your profile, tap on the double-arrowed icon, which will be the second one from the right side of your profile.
3. Here you will see all the reposted videos that you have shared from your friends, followers, or anyone else’s account.
How to Delete a Repost on TikTok After a While
Quite after some time, you may experience that a TikTok post that you posted a while ago is nowhere to be found. In this case, you become clueless about where to find that post in order to remove it. Hence, we have found a convenient alternative solution to resolve this problem by following these steps.
- Open the TikTok application on your smartphone and tap on the Profile icon from the lower panel.
- In your profile, click on the 3-bar icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Settings and Privacy” and go to “Comment and Watch History.”
- Select ‘Watch History,’ and here you will find all the videos you have ever viewed on TikTok.
- From this collection of posts, you can easily find that specific TikTok that you’ve been looking for to remove it from reposts.
We suggest that you like the video first before reposting it, as it makes it easier to track down the post from the list. Hence you won’t have to scroll around much to find that specific post, and you can simply access it from your liked posts. Other than that, if you have shared the TikTok from a friend’s account, you can text them to share that post with you so you can undo the repost.
Reasons Why You May Want to Delete Reposts on TikTok
- Changing your mind about sharing a post that you have done in the past for some reason.
- You are not getting the due credit for reposting, so you may want to change it later on.
- Accidentally reposting a video, and you may want to revert the decision.
- You may have endorsed a promotional video of a brand by mistake that could’ve led to such an issue.
- The report section on your profile might be filled with other people’s content. Hence your original content is not being promoted due to an excess of reposts on your timeline.
Declaring to un-share or undo an endorsement on social media is your freedom of choice. After the addition of the repost feature, many users were lost on how to delete a repost on TikTok.
Hence, we presented this detailed guide to make things easier for you by simplifying the process. We introduced several different ways to undo or delete TikTok reposts by following some very easy methods. Hopefully, our guidelines have helped you to resolve the issue.
Read also: TikTok Alternatives to Check Out in 2023