When we discuss iconic online games “Counter-Strike” and CS:GO stands above all. Its name resonates with gamers globally as the premier esports title worldwide.
Why does this game attract players, what does the sequel bring, and how can you transition from a novice to a seasoned player?
We will discuss below.
CS:GO’s immense popularity isn’t surprising at all. It takes years to master, needs pinpoint precision and is an exhilarating watch at the competitive level.
Such is the game’s appeal that it didn’t take long for it to carve a niche in the esports arena. Every year, numerous events centered around CS: The best players from all over the world come together and compete in GO Organization. This also enables fans to monitor what is happening and remain informed of the latest events in the stadium while betting for their favorite team. For those interested, many platforms allow users to bet on CSGO, even offering detailed insights and statistics related to the matches.
In 2023, Valve finally announced CS:GO will get a successor simply called Counter-Strike 2. The sequel officially launched on 27th of September 2023.
As a result, we have decided to write a guide on CS2 and teach you everything you need to know to get started.
Below we shall discuss the game’s origin, different game modes available, types of weapons, and locations. Some advanced techniques like counter-strafing, and additional tips which you may wish to explore separately shall have been cited.
In any case, we believe that it would assist you in developing some new techniques or enjoy playing at its best.
Starting your Journey with CS2
CS2 is accessible via Steam. The basic version of the game is free, but there is an option to upgrade to Prime Status for $14.99. This not only matches you against other Prime users but also increases your chances of getting in-game drops. Given the potential risk of cheaters in online FPS games, opting for this upgrade is advisable.
Before diving into gameplay, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with CS2’s settings. You can customize everything from your video settings, to your weapons and crosshair.
New players may want to replicate settings from other FPS games they’ve played, but if you’re entirely new to FPS, aim for a lower mouse sensitivity until you learn the basics.
Before immersing yourself in CS2’s more competitive modes, you must achieve Private Rank 2. This ensures all players have a basic understanding of the game dynamics.
We advise Deathmatch or Casual Mode as a good starting point. They will introduce you to all game mechanics and weapons at your disposal.
As you grow more confident, consider trying the Retake mode, which simulates the pressure and tactics of ranked play.
CS2 boasts of intricate gameplay mechanics that set it apart from all other first-person shooters.
One fundamental aspect is ensuring you’re stationary when firing most weapons. Beginners can start by merely releasing the movement key, but as you advance, you’ll learn concepts like ‘counter-strafing’ and ‘spray control’ and dominate lobbies in no time.
Keep in mind that each weapon in CS2 has a distinct spray pattern. Recognizing and countering this pattern is crucial. Practicing against walls in empty lobbies can help you understand and control these spray patterns better.
Upon meeting the level requirements, you can delve into competitive matches. These matches revolve around two sides, the Terrorists (T) and Counter-Terrorists (CT), with objectives varying based on the side you’re on. You will either defend or attack a point on the map and try to win 13 rounds against the opposing team.
Counter-Strike 2 is all about teamplay, and competitive play is all about relying on your squadmates to achieve the objectives.
Lastly, clear communication is the key to success in CS2. Learn the callouts for different locations on the map. Although diving into a new game can be daunting, most CS2 players will guide newcomers eager to learn.
New on CS2
- Improved graphics and gameplay: CS2 features a new engine that delivers significantly improved graphics and performance over CS:GO. The game also has a number of gameplay changes, such as a new movement system and updated weapon balancing.
- New modes and maps: CS2 includes a number of new modes and maps, including a new competitive mode called Premier, a new casual mode called Wingman, and several new community-created maps.
- Other new features: CS2 also includes a number of other new features, such as a new replay system, a new ranking system, and a new in-game economy.
Removed from CS:GO
- Community servers and workshop maps: Not all community servers and workshop maps from CS:GO are available in CS2 yet, but Valve has stated that they are working on adding support for them.
- Coaching slots: Coaching slots are not yet available in CS2, but Valve has said that they are planning to add them in the future.
- Left-handed view model: The left-handed view model (cl_righthand 0) is not yet available in CS2, but Valve has said that they are considering adding it.
- Danger Zone battle royale mode: The Danger Zone battle royale mode from CS:GO is not yet available in CS2, but Valve has said that they are considering adding it in the future.
- War Games modes: The War Games modes from CS:GO are not yet available in CS2, but Valve has said that they are considering adding them in the future.
- net_graph 1 console command: The net_graph 1 console command is not yet available in CS2, but Valve has said that they are considering adding it in the future.
The game has all elements of exciting activities combined with advanced gaming formulas. With this in mind, start playing CSGO like a game that involves strategy, precision, and team skill. There are many other popular games that one can choose if he/she is not interested on learning about CS2.
CS2 is characterized by a mixture of quick action and complex games’ rules. Always keep in mind that the counter-strike is a matter of precise strategies, intelligence and cooperation.