Resetting your White Rodgers Emerson thermostats is quite easy if you know the exact steps to perform for your thermostat model. The way to reset most of the thermostats is same but for some of the new models the reset steps vary.
But don’t worry, I am here for the same reason. I, myself have faced the same situation when my thermostat stopped working on a cold day and I had to check a lot of manuals and ask professionals for help.
Therefore, I thought of compiling the reset steps for all the models at the same place, so that you don’t have to face the same problem that I have once. The model of every thermostat is printed on the back of the panel and therefore, you need to remove the wall plate to know the exact model of your thermostat.
Also, read: How to reset Honeywell Thermostat
Check Your Model
Before going any further, you must check the model of your thermostat. They all operate slightly differently, and checking beforehand will allow you to reset your thermostat quickly or easily.
You can check the model number either on your thermostat or in the user manual that it came with. If you are unsure, there are sites online that help you determine which model your thermostat is should you need them.
Generally speaking, the model number will be printed on the back of the thermostat cover plate. You usually need to remove the front cover to see it. To do this, grasp the cover and pull away from the wall plate to read it.
Be sure to jot the model number down and keep it safe, so you have the number should you need it again. Be careful when removing the cover, as exposed wiring might be visible when the plate is removed. Be sure to keep any children away from this wiring and take extra care yourself.
Once you have found the model number, you can find it below and get to resetting your thermostat!
Resetting your Thermostat
Below we have the ranges and model numbers of the White Rodgers/Emerson thermostats and guides on resetting them. Find your series range or the model number and follow the instructions carefully.
If this is one of your thermostats, then keep reading to find out how to reset it. Remember that the different models will reset slightly differently, and you should always check your user manual for the most accurate advice for your model.
- Press and hold the Up or Down arrow with the Time button at the same time.
- After a few seconds, the display will go blank.
- It will then reappear, and your configuration settings will be reset.
- Press and hold the Up or down arrow and move the system switch from off to heat simultaneously.
- The display will go blank after a few seconds.
- It will reappear, and the configuration settings are now reset.
- Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat – How to reset them
The Sensi touch smart thermostat is one of Emerson’s latest models and features a whole host of smart home integrations. The thermostat is compatible with Alexa and Google home and features a touch screen with HD color.
It’s designed to save you up to 23% on your energy bills thanks to its geofencing, remote access, and flexible schedule features.
Also, read: How to trunoff Auto Correct
The factory reset changes all your settings back to default. It will also clear the WiFi connection and Apple Homekit pairing, meaning you will need to run through these settings and reconnect them once the reset is complete.
- However, it doesn’t clear your HVAC equipment configuration.
- To factory reset your Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat, follow the steps below.
- Press Menu
- Press About Thermostat
- Next, press Factory Reset
- The thermostat will now be reset to its factory settings. All WiFi and pairing connections will need to be done again.
- To reset your thermostat using the Wi-FFi network reset process, it’s best to check out Emerson’s advice.
- The process differs depending on whether the Sensi App is installed on an android or iOS device. In this case, it’s best to use the advice given by Emerson to avoid any issues.
If you simply want to reset your schedule to create a new schedule, you can do this easily.
- Press Menu
- Press Schedule
- Check that Schedule is toggled as on
- Edit your configuration settings
- Click save; the changes will now come into effect.
You can also update the schedule on the Sensi App if you have your mobile device to hand. It’s a similar process and fairly simple to follow. Be sure to check the help section on your app if you run into any difficulties.
Also, read: How Often does Google Earth Update
Sensi Smart Thermostat – How to reset
The Sensi Smart Thermostat is another popular choice for those with smart homes. You get extensive compatibility with smart home devices, allowing you to use voice commands with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri.
Use these to control your heating and cooling systems and enjoy remote access, geofencing, and flexible scheduling. You will also get analytics on your energy usage to stay in control and manage your energy usage and spending. You have two options when it comes to resetting your Sensi Smart Thermostat.
Remember to check your user manual before resetting your thermostat, as it will have the best advice.
Like we mentioned earlier, the Wi-Fi network reset varies depending on if your Sensi App is installed on an iOS or Android device. In these cases, it’s best to consult Emerson’s website as they offer detailed instructions and advice that is clear and easy to follow.
If you want to reset or change the schedule on your thermostat, you can do so either through the thermostat itself or via that Sensi App.
To do so on the thermostat, you can follow these steps:
- Click on Menu
- Click on Schedule
- Check that schedule is on
- Make the necessary changes
- Press save, and the schedule will change.
- Alternatively, you can do so on the Sensi App. As with the Wi-Fi changes, how to do this will vary depending on if you have installed the app onto an Android or iOS device.
You can find detailed instructions on Emerson’s site, allowing you to reset the schedule on the app.
When it comes to your Emerson’s 80 Series thermostat, you have two options to reset. You can use the factory reset method, or you can complete a hard reset. Be sure to check the user manual as resetting methods can vary slightly between the models.
If you have misplaced your user manual, you can usually find a version online. Search for your model number followed by ‘user manual,’ and you should find a copy that you can download and permanently have access to.
Check the reset methods here before following our steps to ensure you follow the correct procedure for your thermostat.
To perform a factory reset on your thermostat, you can follow the steps below
- Press and hold the Menu and Backlight buttons at the same time.
- After a few seconds, the display will go blank.
- The display will reappear shortly, and the reset will be complete.
- If, after following these steps, the display is blank or non-responsive, then follow our steps for a hard reset.
Also, read: How to Get Paramount Plus Free