The Macintosh “Dark Mode” explanation. One of the available theme options on Macs is called Mac Dark Mode, and it darkens the user interface.
Users often switch to “Dark Mode” when they need to concentrate if there isn’t enough light in the room. If you’re having trouble concentrating on your work in Mac Light Mode, switching to Mac Dark Mode may help, as the content will stand out more clearly.
If you’re using a Mac, turning on Dark Mode at night is a great way to give your eyes a break.
We’ll show you how to make Mac dark mode in the System Preferences, and you can also use Siri to make the switch.
The Control Panel is where you go to toggle between Bright and Dark Modes.
How to Make Mac Dark Mode | Step-by-Step Guide
The detailed instructions below will show you how to make Mac dark mode.
1. How To Make Mac Dark Mode With System Preferences?
Here’s how to make Mac dark mode on your MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Pro, or Mac Mini.
- To access your computer’s configuration options, you can either click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your screen or use the keyboard shortcut “cmd + space” to access Spotlight.
- To change how your system looks, select the “Appearance” option in the “System Settings” menu. Light, Dark, and Auto modes can be toggled in the Appearance menu.
- Then, close the window after switching to night mode.
If you’re on OS X Yosemite or later, or the older macOS Monterey or Big Sur then you may enable dark mode by following the instructions below.
2. How To Make Mac Dark Mode With Control Center?
Here’s how to switch to night mode on your old MacBook’s preferences menu:
- To adjust the sliders in a stack, click the corresponding menu item. Below is a screenshot of this point.
- After opening the Settings menu by clicking the gear, select Display.
- The Dark Mode can be turned on and off by clicking the corresponding icon in the following panel.
This is one of the most hassle-free ways to switch to dark mode on a MacBook Air (or any Mac running Big Sur or later).
3. How To Make Mac Dark Mode With Siri?
Let’s do this by using Siri:
- Siri may be activated by saying “Hey Siri” or by clicking the Siri icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- To activate dark mode, you can tell Siri to do something like “dark mode” or “turn dark mode on.”
4. How To Make Mac Dark Mode Automatically?
In macOS Catalina (2019) and later, the dark mode can be activated automatically. For the sake of your eyes, Auto mode lets you switch between light mode during the day and dark mode at night.
Auto mode on macOS Ventura can be accessed in the following way:
- Both the Apple menu item (cmd + space bar) and the search tool provide access to System Preferences.
- Make your way to the “Appearance” menu. Choose “Auto” in the next window.
5. The Light/Dark Mode Switch Explanation Quickly
If you’re using macOS Big Sur or later, your Mac’s Preferences panel will include an option to toggle between light and dark modes. Here are the steps that need to be taken:
- Go to your preferences by clicking the cog icon (upper right).
- Select the menu of the display.
- To turn on or off dark mode, click the Dark Mode button.
- If you’re using an older version of macOS and want to follow the procedures below, you can.
6. How To Make Mac Dark Mode On Older OS Versions?
The instructions below apply to users of macOS versions before 2018.
Yosemite and High Sierra: OS X and macOS:
- Use the Apple menu item or Spotlight to access System Preferences.
- Go to Settings/General.
- Select the option to employ a black menu bar and dock.
Introducing macOS Mojave and Monterey:
- Access the Preferences menu.
- Go to Settings/General.
- Select “Dark” from the Appearance.
- From macOS Catalina onward, the Auto option has also been available.
Deepening the Shadows on Your Mac
If the default setting isn’t dark enough, you may use a third-party tool like QuickShade to make your Mac’s dark mode even darker.
QuickShade uses a semitransparent black overlay to reduce the visibility of the screen’s contents. Below is a screenshot showing how simple using your Mac’s menu bar is.
The one drawback of this procedure is that it will reduce the vibrancy of your screen’s colors. It’s not the best option, but it works well as a quick workaround if you need a darker display.
Dark Mode Disabling
The process of disabling dark mode is exactly as straightforward as activating it. You can switch back to the light mode by asking Siri to do so, turning off dark mode in the control center, or choosing it in the system preferences.
Now you know how to make Mac dark mode because no additional software is required to activate dark mode on a Mac.
Now that dark mode is a default option in macOS, it’s much simpler to switch to it when necessary. With dark mode, you may make your interfaces and other design components darker if you choose.
The dark theme will permeate every aspect of your capture.