99.9% of the smartphone users have WhatsApp on their phone because it is considered to be one of the best and cheap messaging app to send messages, photos and videos worldwide. Though having the touch screen smartphones are great and fun, yet most frustrating as well because a single wrong tap and important data can be deleted instantly. Recently, we did receive numerous queries about how to recover deleted chats on WhatsApp, so here we are today with a brief article on the same.
Did this ever happen to you that you were trying to create the WhatsApp conversations shortcuts and accidently deleted the chat? And without thinking, you clicked on YES? So, your chats are gone now and you don’t have any records left behind. How to recover chats on WhatsApp?
You really need not worry if you have accidently deleted your WhatsApp chats because it is easy and simple to recover deleted chats which are just seven days old. You just have to uninstall the WhatsApp app and reinstall it.
Do you know that WhatsApp creates a conversation backup automatically? Yes. WhatsApp creates a backup at a specific system time, 4 am. And this backup gets stored on the SDcard of your phone. After your re-install the WhatsApp app on your phone, it asks you to restore the history from the backup. So, here you just have to click on Restore and every data which is less than 7 days old will be restored back to your WhatsApp. And it’s DONE!
Now, what if you want to restore deleted chats older than the 7 days?
It is slightly difficult, but here we have two methods through which you can easily recover chats on WhatsApp.
Method 1- Manually
- Open SDcard on your phone and navigate to the Database folder, i.e. sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases
- The database folder will list out all the files which are the chat files and they will save in the format ‘msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt’
- Select the files which you want to restore and rename them to ‘msgstore.db.crypt’
- You will also find ‘msgstore.db.crypt’ original file in the folder which you have to rename anything you wish to
- Now, uninstall and re-install WhatsApp, click on Restore and the data which you accidently deleted will be restored back
Method 2- Using Third Party Service
This method is fast and involves Recover Messages, a free service. This free service significantly reads all the contents and extracts the messages.
- Visit the website Recover Messages
- Connect your SDcard with PC via USB cable and select the database file
Scanning depends on the size of the files.
- After scanning, click on Registers Recovered to read the messages
Though it is a simple method, yet it won’t allow you to recover deleted chats, but yes, you can read the old messages.
This is all about how to recover deleted chats on WhatsApp. Isn’t it really easy?
If you ever happened to delete the WhatsApp chats accidently, then what you did to recover deleted chats on WhatsApp?