The extensively used Android Operating system is well-known and world-wide accepted because of its never ending app-load. One can find as many as apps he pleasures on Google Play store, for different usability and needs. In this post, I will introduce you some easiest ways for your Android Smartphone to convert it into Webcam in wireless mode, Or more technically speaking, to use your Smartphone’s camera as a wireless web-camera.
To get the most use o your phone’s camera and using it as a web-cam, Android Company and developers have developed some useful apps. These apps are easily available on Google Play Store. To save your time, a step by step Instructional catalogue of few prominent apps is provided as under.
- Open your web browser, Then go to Google Play store and find for Skype app.
- Save yourself from above said techy steps.
- Create a new account and fill up all necessary details.
- Go to the Skype app, and click on “enable video calling”.
- Search through your contacts to select anyone you may like.
- That’s it! You may now video call that selected contact using your own Smartphone’s camera as a webcam.
- Search and download the “Usteram” app from google play store.
- Go Live and sign up (if you don’t have an Ustream account) or sign in (if you have an Ustream account).
- Click on “Show” , Give your channel a name and now you can now broadcast your message.
- Go to “Settings” and now click on the “selected show” to change the channel.
- That’s it! You may record your message with a single click/tap on the “record” button.
3) IP Webcam:
- Download the app, “IP Webcam” from the Google Play Store.
- Go to “settings” and connect to Wi-Fi. After that “tap/click” your name from the list that appears.
- Now, Tap/click on “IP Webcam” app to open and run the app.
- Start the Server, Note and Type the IP address (shown at the bottom of the app) into a web-browser of the computer connected to your network.
- This above said step will connect to your phone’s stream. Using the same IP address named at the bottom of the screen, as many as users can now connect to your stream.
That’s it! Your phone has turned into a wireless webcam now.
You can also check out another striking app (also available on Google Play store) named, “Droid Cam”
The most notable and usable feature of this technology is to provide the users most lively and face to face access to their contacts anywhere they want. So these were the easiest and most commonly used apps to way your Android Smartphone’s camera into a wireless webcam. Your suggestions and views are always welcomed 🙂